Monday, February 25, 2013

Thou Shalt Not Covet My Wife

So my wife gave me my birthday present tonight and I was thinking, "Please be a disc. Please be a disc." Well, my present was a homemade birthday card, but I have to say it was a couple notches better than a disc. Have a look.

The cover
  
Imagine you, your bros (the oversized heads in these pictures are literally my bros or brothers in law), and 4 full days of disc golf at the number one rated disc golf course in the world.

That's right. Get ready to lose some plastic in the pristine lakes of Selah Ranch.

and to lazily cruise around in a cart like a ball golfer, saving all your energy for slingin' plastic.

You'll be bunking in the Corral House after the sun goes down. (Actually, we'll just be taping lights to our discs for night rounds.)
 

 Prepare to joy puke your face off . The Bros of Joes weekend will be held March 7th-11th
So I did indeed joy puke my face off. I was totally shocked that this had all been arranged behind my back over the last couple of months. Katie called my manager and arranged for me to be off work. She made sure my church responsibilities were covered and of course she invited my disc golfing brothers and reserved the Corral House. I am most shocked that so many brothers are flying out, almost all of them have been playing disc golf for less than a year. This is easily my greatest birthday present ever. Thanks Katie. You are the best!  Also, thanks to my sister Kate for lending your photo shop expertise.








7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Joey! And we all think that Katie is about the best danged girl around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee hee!!! we are so excited for you to get to go do this. caleb is mildly looking forward to it. i know you guys won't be taking many pictures, but i sure hope you'll save up some good stories from your trip to tell when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. by "mildly" she means i have joy-puked my face off and then back on again. can't wait. -caleb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek!!!! I love it!!! I am laughing my head off right now! So freak ing awesome!!! I haven't dared tell Ben about this awesomeness yet. Happy Birthday Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the personalization. My favorites are 'Mr Harris' nobly filling the golf cart with gas and Jake peeking over the pool table. It all sounds really fun!!! . . . except for the joy-puking part. Happy Birthday Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man... It's Jeff's birthday in a couple of weeks. And there's no WAY I'll ever beat this...

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOO fun for you all. Glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete